Thursday, October 13, 2011

PETER GABRIEL - NEW BLOOD

I just got Peter Gabriel's album, New Blood.  Like his last one, Scratch My Back, it's orchestral, with no guitars and no drums.  But where Scratch My Back featured him covering other artists, New Blood sees him reinterpreting his own music.  I really thought I would like Scratch before it came out, and I was really disappointed with it. So I've been managing my expectations for his new album, but I'm sorry to say, it still falls short. I don't mind orchestral records either. I just can't get into this, I don't know why.  And I like every one of his albums, from his first self-titled solo record though Up, and also Big Blue Ball. And of course his albums with Genesis. So, here's hoping that he gets away from orchestras on the next album, and gets bass monster Tony Levin back in the fold.

No comments: