Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TOMORROW ON THE MORNING JOLT: QUEENS

It's only a theme in the loosest sense, but tomorrow on The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick, I'm talking about The Queen Of Soul, Aretha Franklin (albeit from an era before she was really bestowed with that crown) and Queen, the legendary rock band.

Aretha has a new box set, Take A Look, which collects most of the music she recorded for Columbia Records, an under appreciated era, at least in comparison to what she later did at Atlantic Records.  I wrote about the box set here. And Queen is in the midst of reissuing their catalog in deluxe editions with bonus tracks.  I'm concentrating on their first five albums, even though the next five just came out.  I've never been a huge Queen fan, so I'm really discovering the full albums.  I wrote about the first five here
I have to say, it's always fun digging deeper with artists who you may take for granted. 

No comments: