Saturday, December 18, 2010

THE COCKTAIL SLIPPERS NEW SINGER IS...

The other day, when I was making my weekly appearance on SiriusXM OutQ show The Morning Jolt With Larry Flick, I played the latest single from The Cocktail Slippers, "It's Christmas." Longtime readers of this blog and listeners of Larry's show know that I am a huge fan of The Cocktail Slippers.  St. Valentine's Day Massacre was one of my favorite albums of 2009.

But the ladies recently announced that their singer was leaving the band, which is always tough for a group.  I was wondering what the deal is, and I know guitarist Rocket Queen a bit, so I asked her.  Here's what she told me: "The new Cocktail Slippers lead singer is the talented Ms Liberty. Till now Liberty has been playing keys in Cocktail Slippers. We are extremely excited about her doing the lead singing and we are so much looking forward to touring lots in 2011. The release date for the new album has not been set yet by the way..."

I can't wait to hear new music from the new lineup. For those of you who have been reading No Expiration for a while, you know that I generally write about well-known groups. The Cocktail Slippers really aren't that well-known in America, but that should change. They are one of the best new bands I've heard in the past decade.  Forget about all that animal collective stuff, and whatever else rock critics are going gaga about. The Cocktail Slippers are more fun, more rocking and better than most of the bands who are getting tons of hype these days.

Little Steven produced their last album (hopefully he'll work with them on this one also), and I read where he said it was one of the best records he ever worked on.  To remind you of what else is on his resume... Born To Run, Darkness On The Edge Of Town and Born In The U.S.A. to name just three.  But I don't think he was exaggerating.  It is a really great album, please check it out.

No comments: