Saturday, July 17, 2010

OK, NOT EVERYONE LOVES JOHNNY CASH'S AMERICAN RECORDINGS

I thought that Johnny Cash's series of American Recordings albums, produced by Rick Rubin, were universally loved classics.  *I* love them. But a few months back, I read an interview with Bob Dylan who said he really didn't like those albums, and in a recent interview in Uncut, Willie Nelson says that "Aw, I could probably do that one of these days, do my morbid album. My wrist-slashing music. No, they weren't my favorite Johnny Cash albums." OK! Well, I'll still maintain that those albums are great, and Cash and Rubin's partnership was a pretty cool one.

P.S. I love Willie's new album, Country Music. It is one of my favorite albums of the year.  Last year, his album with Asleep At The Wheel, Willie & The Wheel, was one of my favorites too. I'm just glad that so many of the artists that I love are able to make great music after they are AARP eligible. 

No comments: