Friday, February 26, 2010

CELEBRATE THE (BLACK) SABBATH THIS WEEKEND ON LIQUID METAL!

This weekend, No Expiration makes its return to the airwaves of the SIRIUS|XM Channel Liquid Metal. Liquid Metal, rightfully so, is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the release of the debut album by the almighty Black Sabbath. I wrote a bunch of things for the black celebration, and the channel's commander, Jose, asked me to do them as voiceovers, which I happily did.  I don't really have a metal sounding voice, I think I sound maybe too "NPR"-ish, but Jose said it was cool.

Anyway, the celebration has started already: every hour on the top of the hour (and sometime during the hour) today through Sunday, you'll hear bits about the band's history and some of their music too. Some of those bits will be voiced by me.

Why me?  Other than the fact that I am a huge fan of the band, I had the honor and the privilege to write liner notes for The Black Box, a box set that collected all eight studio albums from the band's original lineup, which featured Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne and Bill Ward. I never tire of the band's music and I am always awed by the power of their music. Celebrate the Sabbath this weekend!

No comments: