Monday, November 30, 2009

RADIO ON THE TV: EDDIE TRUNK'S THAT METAL SHOW ON VH1 CLASSIC


A few years back, I happened upon Eddie Trunk on his radio show Saturday Night Rocks. It's a little bit old-school metal - Eddie is into hair metal and stuff that I'm not into - but he's totally into it, and I can appreciate that. I had long given up on terrestrial radio (other than NPR type stuff and Little Steven's syndicated Underground Garage show) when I heard his show, and I was surprised to hear a guy who was obviously picking his own songs, and cared about what he was playing. Honestly: it was a surprise to hear someone on a commercial radio station sound passionate. I got to know Eddie a bit, he's a cool guy. A little later on, I worked with him a bit at VH1 Classic. These days, I sometimes see him around the SIRIUS|XM offices, since he has a show on The Boneyard, and it's fun seeing him back on VH1 Classic on That Metal Show with Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson. If you're into metal, I totally recommend it. Below is his interview with the not-totally-metal-but-totally-awesome-band Rush.

No comments: