Monday, November 2, 2009

ON iTUNES: THE DEAD WEATHER LIVE

I've been iTunes-less for over a month due to hard drive issues on my computer, but my "ordeal" is nearly over. So, I spend some time on the iTunes store today, and was psyched to see that The Dead Weather (Jack White's latest band for those of you who are new to No Expiration) have a live EP, Live At Third Man Records West.

Third Man is the record label that Jack started, and Third Man West was a temporary "pop-up store" in Los Angeles.

Speaking of Third Man, their recent 45" by the Dex Ronweber Duo featuring Jack White, which I thought was going to be vinyl only, is now available on iTunes. I'm not mad.

Finally, Third Man has announced that their next 45" will be a one-sided release by Carl Sagan. Yes, Carl Sagan. Not his first hipster band reference: in The Beastie Boys song "Hey Fuck You," Adam Yauch raps "I got more rhymes than Carl Sagan's got turtlenecks."

No comments: