Thursday, May 7, 2009

ALWAYS LOOKING UP: MICHAEL J. FOX'S ABC SPECIAL

You may be wondering why I am writing about Michael J. Fox's television special tonight. It's based on his book, Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist.

It's not (necessarily) because he was a member of The Barbusters -- the band in the film Light Of Day that also featured Joan Jett -- and who recorded the first version of Bruce Springsteen's "Light Of Day."

It's sort of because I'm an optimist also. I try to be more positive than negative in all aspects of my life. But it must be harder to take that stance when you have Parkinson's disease, as Fox does. He hasn't taken it lying down -- his Foundation for Parkinson's Research has raised over $142 million in funds for research to conquer the disease.

Anyway, his TV special aired tonight and I missed it! (late night at work) But I'm going to catch it on Hulu or iTunes. Apparently he jammed on the show with Ben Harper! I have to check it out.

No comments: