Wednesday, March 4, 2009

LITTLE STEVEN: "THE HALF-TIME SHOW WAS LIVE"


Little Steven Van Zandt spoke with Rolling Stone’s website about the accusations that Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band played to a tape at the Super Bowl Halftime Show. Here’s what he said: “I absolutely played live. If you were there, you could hear me fucking around before we started. Who knows what technical thing happens? We were there all week. Was there back-ups to the system in case something went wrong? Was something recorded? It’s very possible. I was singing live, I was playing live. That’s all I can tell you." Case closed. Steven is a low- (or no-) B.S. kind of guy. The other interesting part of the interview was that Steven said he's still working on an Underground Garage TV show - most networks are afraid of doing a live performance rock and roll show on TV. Here's hoping that that works out.

No comments: