Tuesday, February 3, 2009

YES TO RELEASE SYMPHONIC LIVE

By my count, Yes has released seven live albums, a live EP and a live box set (The Word Is Live, which I was honored to contribute liner notes to). Plus, the Yes offshoot Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe also has a live album. Does anyone need one more live album?

Of course! Symphonic Live, due out February 24, was recorded on their 2001 tour which featured the lineup of Chris Squire, Jon Anderson, Alan White and Steve Howe. They didn't have a keyboardist at that point, so they just replaced Rick Wakeman with an entire orchestra. I regretted missing that tour, but I do have a DVD recorded from one of the shows, and it's great. I'll be glad to get it on CD.

It's a bummer that Squire, White and Howe are continuing on with thier bogus "Yes" tour without Jon Anderson, though, so the least said about that, the better.

No comments: