Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BEST OF '08: FOXBORO HOT TUBS' STOP DROP AND ROLL!!!

I've said it already, but Stop Drop and Roll!!! by the Foxboro Hot Tubs was my favorite album of 2008. The Foxboro Hot Tubs, of course, are actually Green Day, a band who never topped my end-of-year chart before (although I am a huge fan of American Idiot). It sounds like the guys were listening to The Underground Garage for weeks on end and then decided to make an album that wasn't as heavy as American Idiot. It's not the deepest album, but it's fun and I love it. I probably listened to it more than any other album that came out in 2008. I'm looking forward to the next Green Day album, which is going to be produced by Butch Vig. But I hope the band will do some Hot Tubs material when they tour.

No comments: