Wednesday, December 10, 2008

JOHN FOGERTY TO REUNITE WITH...

John Fogerty is going to reunite with The Blue Ridge Rangers! OK, The Blue Ridge Rangers were a one man group consisting of just John Fogerty. It was his first project after the breakup of Creedence Clearwater Revival, and I think he gave it a band name to make the point that he was Creedence. It was a bunch of covers, and I think the album holds up really well. It came out in 1973, and now John is returning to Blue Ridge for another album of covers. I'm a huge fan of John's, I loved his last album Revival, and I can't wait to hear this one. The very busy T-Bone Burnett produced the sessions, which featured Buddy Miller and Kenny Aronoff among other great musicians. He also has a DVD coming out called Comin' Down The Road which features a documentary on his life and career. I'll be curious to see that, but not if they sugar coat it. His anger has gotten the best of him in the past, and taken him away from music for years at a time, I wonder if he'll discuss that in the doc.

No comments: