Monday, September 8, 2008

PEARL JAM'S JEFF AND STONE TO RELEASE SOLO ALBUMS

I think one of the things that has kept Pearl Jam fresh
and exciting are the members' many side projects. But I was surprised to hear that both Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament have solo albums coming out. 

I thought Stone's next album was going to be the next Brad record. After seeing Brad last year, it seemed like they were getting ready to do something again. But it turns out that Stone is going to release his second solo album: this one will be a tribute to Hank Williams. Stone sang a Woody Guthrie song at the Brad show: maybe he's getting into American roots music these days. 

I thought Jeff's next project was going to be the long-rumored collaboration with King's X bassist/singer Doug Pinnick. Pinnick actually contributes vocals to the album, but that's it. Too bad.  But I'm curious to see what Jeff comes up with on his own. 

No comments: