Monday, August 25, 2008

ROSEANNE CASH SMACKS DOWN THAT LITTLE GUY IN BIG & RICH

Good for Roseanne Cash. After John Rich of the goofy country duo Big & Rich said that Johnny Cash (who really avoided affiliating himself with political parties, and who played for Democratic and Republican White Houses) would endorse John McCain, she responded on her blog.

She said: "It is appalling to me that people still want to invoke my father’s name, five years after his death, to ascribe beliefs, ideals, values and loyalites to him that cannot possibly be determined, and to try to further their own agendas by doing so. I knew my father pretty well, at least better than some of those who entitle themselves to his legacy and his supposed ideals, and even I would not presume to say publicly what I ‘know’ he thought or felt."

By the way, her last album Black Cadillac was pretty great.

No comments: