Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MORE NEIL YOUNG NEWS!

So the Neil Young documentary that Jonathan Demme directed has a name. According to The Hollywood Reporter, it's going to be called The Neil Young Trunk Show. But who knows when it will come out. It will probably have to wait for the Crosby Stills Nash & Young doc Deja Vu, and his documentary Linc-Volt

Meanwhile, I just found out that on July 8, there will be not one but TWO archival Neil releases: one is Toast, which I wrote about. But there will also be a Harvest Moon Live album. Presumably from the solo acoustic tours Neil did before the album came out, when he played most of the album, to the chagrin to the classic rock fogies in the audience. I saw one of those infamous shows at the Beacon Theater, and I remember being blown away by how great some of the songs were, particularly "From Hank To Hendrix" and "Unknown Legend." I can't wait to hear this. 


No comments: