Thursday, May 29, 2008

A GREAT ?UESTLOVE INTERVIEW

A few years ago, while working for Video Hits 1, I had the opportunity to interview ?uestlove of The Roots. I don't remember what the topic was (I don't think it was about their new album, I think it may have been about Dave Chappelle).  I think it was supposed to be a 15 minute thing, but it went on until my 90 minute tape ran out. It was one of the most fun and interesting interviews I ever had the privilege to conduct.  Not that I'm taking credit for anything, the guy is just so interesting. 

Anyway, I just read an especially great interview with him on a site called Backbeat, where he talks about everything from The Roots, to music critics and bloggers to record labels to Al Green's awesome new album which he produced (and which I need to write more about) to the possibility of producing Tom Jones' next album.  Anyway, check it out here

No comments: