Wednesday, May 14, 2008

DAVID COVERDALE CLARIFIES THE SITUATION

Whitesnake frontman David Coverdale says that he never said any of the stuff about Jimmy Page wanting the snake to open for Led Zeppelin that was circulating the other day. I half thought that it was bull, but it was kind of fun to think he was actually saying that stuff. Not very nice of me to say that, I guess.



But apparently he told Classic Rock magazine in an email that it was all bogus. "Why, after all the charming back-and-forths between one Monsieur Plant and oneself through the years, who could imagine such a premise possible? Not me, squire!"


"Besides," Coverdale concluded, "I've got a hit record and a sold-out tour, and I'm currently pretty fucking busy playing nightly, and joyfully, with my Fab Musical Serpents, ol' chum! No complaints here…" I'm not sure what he's referring to, regarding the "hit record" thing, but whatever. Maybe "Monsieur" Robert Plant started it, just for a laugh?

No comments: