Monday, April 7, 2008

THAT LOVELY LINDA

I don't want to comment much about Paul McCartney's recent problems. All the money in the world can't fix a broken heart, and I bet he's been suffering from that, non-stop, for a decade now.

From what I've read, Paul and Linda McCartney hardly spent any nights apart during the entire time that they were married (I think they were all while he was in jail in Japan, after he got busted for drugs or something). Anyway, I always respected that they were always together, a tight family unit, as un-rock and roll as that may have seemed. I'm sure he took a lot of crap for putting her in his bands, and maybe she was more of a photographer than a keyboardist/singer, but I think there's something sweet about him wanting her in the band.

They were also both vegetarians way before it was trendy, and I can only imagine the crap they took about that. Those were the thoughts that went through my head as I read an essay that Paul wrote about Linda in England's Sunday Times. Check it out here.

No comments: