Thursday, April 3, 2008

JIMMY PAGE: "NO ZEPPELIN REUNION (YET), NO ZEPPELIN REUNION LIVE ALBUM (FOR NOW)"

Jimmy Page told the UK's Daily Mirror that, although the guys from Led Zeppelin recorded their reunion concert from last year, that they have no plans to release it. 

On one hand, frak! It's not like millions of fans were shut out from attending the show or anything! 

On the other: you probably had to be there. I doubt the recording will capture the excitement of being at that particular show. I mean, in ten years, will you reach for that instead of How The West Was Won or Zeppelin's BBC Sessions? 

Still: of course I would buy it. And I will when it comes out. For now, I'm looking forward to the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss show in a few weeks. 

In other Zep news, a Led Zeppelin themed roller coaster in the Hard Rock Cafe park in South Carolina is opening in May.

No comments: