Sunday, February 17, 2008

JOE PERRY, YOU'RE MY GUITAR HERO!

I read that there's going to be a special Aerosmith version of the game Guitar Hero. I'm not a video gamer myself, but I love the idea of a video game making younger people excited about rock and roll, and turning them on to older music. I think it's a great move by the band - few other groups have been able to keep turning on new generations to their music the way Aerosmith have. I remember seeing them a few years ago, and thinking that there were at least two different audiences at the show: those who grew up on their '70s albums, and those who discovered them in the '80s. I think Aerosmith have missed the current crop of kids (not having had a hit single in a few years), but this will probably hook a lot of new people. Hell, I may even get this game: what's more fun than listening to Aerosmith for hours while playing (not quite air) guitar?

No comments: